Email is still one of the best lead generation avenues, for B2B as well as B2C companies.
This finding is borne out by the stats.
The average email open rate, across industries, is between 15 to 25 percent.
The average click-to-open rate, on the other hand, is between 20 and 30 percent.
Most social media sites, however, have a click-through rate (CTR) of less than 1 percent for their ads. For instance:
- Facebook has a click-through rate of 0.07 percent on ads.
- Instagram is slightly better, with a CTR of 0.22 percent.
Clearly, there can be no doubt about which of the two is more effective as a marketing channel.
Research shows that email marketing generates a return on investment (ROI) of $38, for every $1 spent on the marketing campaign.
Yes, you read that right.
If done well, your cold email campaign can have an ROI of 3800 percent. And that’s just if your campaign is average. The ROI will be much higher if you can create an engaging and memorable email campaign.
The Importance of Collecting Email Addresses
The statistics mentioned above are important. In fact, they can be game-changing for any marketer, entrepreneur, or sales person.
However, knowing about the effectiveness of email marketing wouldn’t do you much good, if you do not have a high-quality email list, to whom you can send your thoughtful and well-crafted emails.
An email list is simply a list of your leads or prospects, along with their email addresses. If you run a web development agency, for instance, your email list will probably consist of local businesses that could benefit from a more robust online presence.
In order to build this list, you will have to identify the key decision-makers in these local businesses – be it the CEO, CTO, marketing manager, or some other individual – and find their email addresses.
Once you have access to their emails, you can reach out directly to your potential clients. In your cold email, you can pitch your web development services to them, in a way that is honest, informative, and persuasive.
And this is just one of the many ways in which a high-quality email list can help you grow your business.
How to Build an Email List
Finding the email addresses of your prospects might be harder than you imagined. There are some people who list their email on one of their various social media sites, but they are the exceptions, rather than the norm.
Most people have become more and more protective of their email address over the years, due to the rise in the number of spammy, salesy emails that an average person receives every single day.
Nobody wants their inbox to be flooded with spam. So, people are wary about putting their email address on their social media profiles, discussion forums, or anywhere it can be viewed by the general public.
This is why email finder tools are so essential to the process of building a high-quality email list.
An email finder is simply a piece of software that parses HTML webpages to find and retrieve email addresses that have been published anywhere on the internet, in order to enable cold outreach. These tools are typically used by marketers and salespeople.
You can use an email finder tool for a number of purposes. For instance, you can use it to–
- Find the best candidates for an open position at your company. You can scrape their contact details from the internet and invite them for an interview via email.
- Find and contact potential investors who have previously invested in businesses such as yours.
- Contact influencers who operate within your industry, and might be able to promote your brand to their audience. You can send them a personalized cold email, selling them on the idea of a partnership.
- Contact potential clients and customers who can benefit from the product or service you are offering.
Top 10 Email Finder Tools for Marketers
Now that you know the uses and benefits of email finder tools, it is time to decide which one is right for you.
For this, you will have to take stock of the features, pricing, accuracy, and some other aspects of the most popular email finder tools available in the market. This will allow you to make an informed and well-considered choice that is right for your business.
This is a cold outreach automation platform that incorporates a large number of tools, including a highly effective email finder.
The Snov.io email finder tool can be availed in the form of an easy-to-use Chrome extension as well as a web app. The Chrome extension can be used to directly scrape email addresses from LinkedIn and other social media sites. (Learn more about how to use Snov.io to get the emails of your 2nd and 3rd connections on LinkedIn.)
Some of the features that Snov.io offers are as follows:
- It allows you to segment your email list into different ‘buckets’. You can use this feature to group your prospects together in accordance with their interests, backgrounds, industry, where they are in the sales process, and various other parameters. You can then use these segments to personalize your emails, so that they will appeal to the different groups of people on your list.
- Snov.io has a drip campaign feature that can automatically send out pre-written emails to the email addresses scraped from the internet. This makes the flow very simple and efficient, since you don’t need to export the scraped emails to another email automation tool.
- It offers various options for scraping email addresses. For instance, you can choose between single or bulk email search, depending on whether you need to extract the email addresses of a large number of leads, or just a single prospect. You can also use Snov.io to do a company profile search, a social URL search, and a bulk domain search.
- As mentioned above, Snov.io comes with a highly intuitive Chrome extension that can quickly and easily scrape large numbers of email addresses from LinkedIn and other social media networks.
- After scraping the email address of a prospect, Snov.io can create a full prospect profile, including their first and last names, social profiles and URLs, job title, current company, work history, and location. Such a prospect profile can help you better personalize your emails, and thus increase your open and click-through rates.
- It verifies each email scraped from the internet. After verification, it let’s you know whether the email address is valid, unverifiable, or invalid. This feature ensures that you do not ruin your domain or IP reputation by sending out cold emails to spam traps, and non-existent or abandoned email accounts.
- After scraping the internet to find the email addresses of your prospects, Snov.io allows you to export the full prospect list in the form of a CSV file, a Google Sheet, or an XLSX file.
This email finder tool is available in the form of a Chrome extension and a web app. It has an extensive database of information about 430 million professionals, from more than 17 million organizations and companies across the planet.
Thus, you can use RocketReach and its huge database of potential leads to grow your business and find the contact details of your prospects, including their:
- Personal and professional email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Social media profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
RocketReach can scrape more than 50 sites in a single search, in order to find you the (accurate and verified) email addresses you need.
Some important features of this email finder tool are as follows:
- Advanced search of email addresses in bulk, filtered by various parameters.
- Availability of verified, real-time information about more than 450 million professionals across various industries.
- Extended API access, which allows you to automate the search for email addresses.
- An intuitive, easy-to-use Chrome extension that can help you find and verify email addresses from LinkedIn, Google, Crunchbase, and Angel List.
Prices start at $49 for 170 contact lookups per month. You can also get 5 lookups/month for free, if you’re just trying out this tool for the first time.
Hunter.io is perhaps the best email finder tool for bulk searches. However, unlike many of their competitors, they do not have a Chrome extension for LinkedIn – one of the best sources for B2B lead generation on the internet.
This is a major drawback, because it means that if you use Hunter as your primary email finder, then you will have to use (and pay for) a different tool to scrape LinkedIn for emails.
Hunter offers a free trial, and the paid version starts at $49 per month.
Like Snov.io, Hunter also offers a drip campaign feature, allowing you to run your entire cold email campaign from a single platform. You can use Hunter to scrape the internet for email addresses, build your email list, and send out your cold emails – all through one smooth and streamlined process.
Hunter also offers a built-in CRM that can help you save money while staying connected to your customers and prospects. You can share the email lists you have built with multiple users, which might be convenient if you are part of a large email marketing team.
This tool can help you capture accurate and verified corporate email addresses from a number of sources. It combines various data points, including email addresses found via web scraping, company domains and email formats, verifications, and various other signals to find the right contact information of any professional or business.
Some features of this email finder tool have been listed below:
- The Aeroleads software allows you to scrape email addresses from LinkedIn, Xing, Crunchbase, Angel List, and many more platforms.
- It allows you to find valid corporate emails and phone numbers in bulk, and with great accuracy.
- It provides you with in-depth information about each prospect, including their first and last names, phone number, email address, job title, social media URLs, company details, etc. This can facilitate personalization, and thereby improve your cold emailing success.
- You can easily export all the data scraped by Aeroleads in the form of a CSV file, and upload it to a cold emailing tool like Woodpecker or Lemlist.
- Aeroleads integrates seamlessly with various third-party apps, including MailChimp, Zoho CRM, Hubspot, Salesforce, PipeDrive, and Zapier.
Lusha is the best tool for those who want to complement their cold email campaign with a cold calling strategy.
This is because Lusha will find you the prospect’s phone number as well as their email address. It does charge slightly higher for this service, but it is well worth the price if your company operates in an industry where cold calling is a popular marketing strategy, such as retail, nonprofits, or financial services.
This email finder tool is available as an easy-to-use Chrome extension which supports LinkedIn, PipeDrive, Salesforce, Zapier, Gmail, and some other third-party platforms.
Using Lusha, you can scrape various social media networks – such as LinkedIn and Twitter – for the up-to-date email addresses and phone numbers of your prospects. The Chrome extension automatically scans the social media profile you are perusing, and extracts the contact information.
Lusha can also help you find the phone number and company details (such as company name, industry, number of employees, etc.) of anyone who reaches out to you via Gmail.
You can start off with their free version (5 credits per month) before upgrading to the Professional plan, which will provide you with 1,200 credits for $74 a month.
This email finder tool is available as a web app as well as a browser extension. It can help you find verified B2B emails with a unique data-matching algorithm that works by simulating a company’s email patterns to find individual email addresses.
The drawback of this system, however, is that you need the first and last names of the prospect, as well as the domain name of their company, in order to find their email address.
Some key features of Skrapp are as follows:
- This tool is available as a browser extension that facilitates single and bulk email scraping from LinkedIn and other social media networks.
- You can use Skrapp to perform a domain search, in order to find the email addresses of key decision-makers at a given company.
- Once you’ve found the email addresses of all your prospects, you can export this email list as an XLSX or a CSV file.
- Skrapp verifies each email address as it finds them, in real-time. It uses various email verification methods to double-check the accuracy of the data it has scraped. This can help reduce your chances of getting flagged as a spammer.
- This email finder tool offers a team account option, which means that more than one person can use the same account to scrape emails at the same time. This can be very useful for marketing teams working together on a cold emailing campaign.
7. Find That Lead
This email finder tool is quite unique, since it has its own database of prospects and email addresses, a little like LinkedIn. It also has a great search functionality – similar to the LinkedIn Sales Navigator – which allows you to input various parameters and filter your search to find the right prospects.
For instance, you can use this tool to find potential leads on the basis of their location, job title, industry, company size, as well as any keywords that you think might be relevant. Once you’ve narrowed down your prospect list with their nuanced search functionality, you can start scraping email addresses in order to build your email list.
So, FindThatLead works as a combined prospect finder and web scraping tool. If you combined the LinkedIn Sales Navigator with the Snov.io Chrome extension, you would get the same functionality as FindThatLead, although the information to be found on LinkedIn might be more accurate and up-to-date.
This tool offers a free trial, and the paid plan starts at a reasonable $15 per month.
8. Voila Norbert
This email finder tool has a huge database of professionals working in a wide range of industries. So, you can simply type in the full name of your prospect, along with the name of their company, and it will provide you with their email address.
Voila Norbert also allows you to verify the email addresses you have scraped, as well as to enrich your email list with other information, such as–
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Social Profiles
Knowing these facts about your prospects will help you connect with them more effectively. Finding their social media profiles will also give you the opportunity to contact your prospects via other channels, apart from email.
Voila Norbert can verify the email addresses it has scraped by sending a signal to the mail host. It also offers a drip campaign feature, and powerful integrations with other apps like Salesforce and Zapier.
9. Anymail Finder
If you are conducting your cold email campaign on a tight budget, then this email finder tool might be perfect for you. It offers a free plan, which allows you to scrape up to 90 email addresses per month without spending a penny.
Moreover, when using any of their paid plans – which start from $49 for 1,000 emails – you will not be paying for any invalid, duplicate, or uncertain email addresses. Needless to say, this will help you save money, and will further minimize the cost of using this tool.
Anymail Finder scrapes millions of web pages to find you the email addresses for your cold outreach campaign. It also performs direct server validation in order to ensure the accuracy of the scraped data. Their support team is very proactive, and can be reached via phone, email, or live chat.
If the accuracy of the contact information being scraped is your first priority, then UpLead is the right email finder tool for you. It will help you build a clean and accurate email list by verifying each email address in real-time. It also provides more than 50 parameters by which you can filter your prospects, in order to find the ones that match your ideal client profile.
UpLead offers certain interesting features, such as:
- A powerful API, which facilitates seamless integration with third-party apps like HubSpot, Copper, Zoho, Zapier, and PipeDrive.
- Apart from the verified email address, UpLead will also give you the mobile and direct-dial phone number of your prospect.
- An intuitive Chrome extension that can find accurate email addresses from LinkedIn profiles, company websites, and other online platforms.
UpLead offers a free plan with five credits, to help you get a feel for the tool and give it a test drive, before you opt for a paid plan.
For the best results, you should consider factors such as technical features, price, accuracy, interface, and integrations, before choosing the email finder tool that is right for your business.
To improve your email deliverability and preserve the reputation of your domain and IP, you can also use a reliable email validation service like Zero Bounce, which will keep your email list clean (and free of spam traps).