Snov.io is a highly effective outreach automation tool (or platform) that allows marketers and business owners to find promising leads and prospects, scrape the internet for their email addresses, verify those emails, and convert them into paying clients or customers with personalized email drip campaigns.
You can use Snov.io to find new clients, investors, and even employees, through cold emailing. The platform is designed to simplify and streamline the process of lead generation and cold outreach.
To get the most out of Snov.io, however, you need to know how to properly use the platform and its various functionalities. There’s a ton of stuff you can potentially do with Snov.io, so it’s important to understand the exact needs of your own business, and how this outreach automation tool can help you achieve your business goals.
If you’re not sure what Snov.io can do for you, and how to make the most of this tool, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will discuss the different features of this tool, and the different ways in which it can help grow your business.
Important Features and Functions of Snov.io
The two main functions of Snov.io are outreach automation and customer relationship management (CRM).
To facilitate these core functions, Snov.io offers a wide range of tools and features – all of them designed to help businesses generate high-quality leads and convert them through effective cold outreach campaigns.
Two of the most important tasks, for which you absolutely need Snov.io, are as follows:
Finding and Verifying Emails
If you want to launch a cold email campaign in order to find more clients or customers for your business, the first thing you need to do is create an ideal client/customer profile (ICP) and use it to build a list of suitable leads or prospects.
The second thing you need to do is find the contact information of your prospects. After all, finding the ideal prospect is of little use, unless you can reach out to them and tell them about your business, and how your product or service can help them solve a problem (or add value in some other way).
The problem is that nowadays, most people are very protective of their email addresses. They rarely make their email address publicly available, for fear of being inundated with spam. So, you need to do a bit of extra work, to find the updated and verified email addresses of potential clients or customers that you want to reach out to.
This is where Snov.io and its web-scraping features can be of use to you. There are several ways in which you can use this tool to find the email addresses of potential clients and customers (either in bulk or one at a time).
Snov.io allows you to scrape email addresses from various social media sites – such as LinkedIn and Facebook – as well as from company websites. It offers various Chrome extensions to make the email scraping process simple and intuitive.
Unlike many other email finder tools that only allow for bulk email scraping, Snov.io offers a plethora of options for those trying to find the email addresses of prospective clients, customers, employees, or investors.
Depending on your needs, you can use this platform to find a single email address, scrape a company website for the emails of all their staff members, extract emails from a social media site, or find the emails of a large group of potential customers by inputting their names and current workplace.
Listed below are the steps you need to take, in order to find the email addresses of your prospects through Snov.io:
- Go to the website of Snov.io and sign up for an account. You can speed up the registration process by connecting Snov.io to your Google account, if you have one.
- You will receive a verification email from Snov.io. Open the email and click on the link to confirm your registration.
- You will now have to install the Snov.io Chrome extension in your browser. Make sure you’re using Google Chrome as your browser for this, as that will make it easier to find emails through Snov.io.
- Go to the Chrome web store and install the Snov.io Email Finder Extension to your browser. Once installed, the extension will appear on the ‘extensions menu’ at the top of your browser.
- Now, if you have a prospect in mind, you can go to their website and use the email finder extension to scrape the emails of their staff members.
- For instance, if you offer logistics management software to construction companies, then you should compile a list of local construction firms that fit your ICP.
- Then, you can visit their websites, one by one, and use the Snov.io email finder extension to extract the email addresses of the company executives and staff members.
- The extension will automatically scrape all the email addresses from the company website.
- Once the emails have all been scraped, name your new prospect list and click on the ‘save selected’ button.
- On the Snov.io website, you will find a list of all the emails you just extracted from the website of your potential client or customer.
- In this way, you can compile a high-quality email list of key decision-makers in companies that fit your ideal customer profile.
- You can export this list in the form of a CSV file or Google Sheet.
- You can then launch a cold email campaign to make the founders and CTOs of local construction companies aware of the product (logistics management software) that you are offering.
- In your cold email, you can tell them about its features, benefits, and how it can resolve their pain points.
- You can also launch a cold email drip campaign targeting this new prospect list, from the Snov.io website itself, instead of exporting the list to a different email automation tool.
Another great email finder tool that Snov.io offers is the LinkedIn (LI) Prospect Finder.
As the world’s greatest database of professionals from various industries, working in more than 200 countries, LinkedIn is a great resource for generating B2B leads.
- Go to the Snov.io website and install the LI Prospect Finder extension on your Chrome browser. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to install this extension.
- Make sure to use the latest version of the LI Prospect Finder extension. If you notice a red sign on the extension icon, this probably means that you need to update the extension.
- Now, you simply have to go to the LinkedIn profile page of any individual whose email address you want to extract. While on their profile, click on the LI Prospect Finder extension at the top of your browser.
- Select the list to which you want to add the email address. Then, click the ‘Find Emails and Save’ button.
- If you want to extract email addresses in bulk from LinkedIn, the LI Prospect Finder can help you do that as well.
- Go to the LinkedIn search bar and enter the keywords associated with your ICP. To continue with the earlier example, if your company sells logistics management software to construction companies, your ‘ideal client/customer’ will probably be the CTOs of local construction firms.
- So, just enter ‘CTO’ into the search bar and press enter. On the results page, click on the ‘People’ tab just below the search bar.
- Then, click on ‘All Filters’ and set your search parameters. For instance, you can choose to limit your search to the construction industry, set the location to your own city or country, and more.
- You can also use the LinkedIn Sales Navigator to further refine your search results, if you are willing to pay for the feature.
- Once you have entered all the search parameters, LinkedIn will provide you with a list of prospects who exactly match your ICP.
- Now, you simply have to click the LI Prospect Finder extension. In the dropdown list, you will see all the profiles on the first page of your search results.
- Create a new prospect list and name it. Then, click on the ‘Find Emails and Save’ button.
- You will be asked to specify the first and last pages that you want to scrape. Select the time limits, to prevent being tagged as a bot and blocked by LinkedIn. Then, click the ‘Find Emails and Save’ button once again.
- On the Snov.io website, you will find a list of all the prospects from your LinkedIn search result, along with their email addresses, first and last names, current company, and other details.
Some of the other ways in which you can use Snov.io to find email addresses are single email search, bulk email search, domain search, bulk domain search, company profile search, social URL search, and Linker (which helps you find email addresses of prospects by their position, job title, skills, or location).
Once you’ve found all the email addresses you need for your cold outreach campaign, you will need to verify and validate them.
This is important because sending too many cold emails to old, abandoned, and invalid email accounts could lead you to get flagged as a spammer. This will adversely affect your email deliverability, meaning that your cold emails will land in the spam folders of your recipients, instead of their inboxes. Click here to learn more about email deliverability and how to improve it.
So, here’s how you can use Snov.io to verify the list of emails you just scraped from the internet.
- If you need to verify a single email address, simply click on the ‘Verify Emails’ option at the top of the Snov.io website.
- You will be taken to a page entitled ‘Verify Individual Emails’. Paste the email address into the field and click ‘Verify’.
- In the results, the email address will be marked either by a green, yellow, or red dot. A green dot means that the email address is valid, a yellow dot signifies that it is unverifiable, while a red dot marks an invalid email address.
- You can also use Snov.io to verify emails in bulk. Simply select the prospect list that you want to verify and click the ‘Verify Current List’ button.
- You will see a popup that tells you exactly how many email addresses on the list need to be verified. You should check to ensure that you have sufficient credit balance to allow for the verification of all the emails on the chosen prospect list.
- No credits will be deducted for the unverifiable emails, but only those email addresses that were identified as either valid or invalid.
- The number of emails on your list will determine how much time is needed for the verification process.
- If you have hundreds of emails needing verification, then it might take a lot of time. In that case, you can let Snov.io run in the background while you do other work on your computer.
- When the verification process is complete, Snov.io will notify you by email.
- Each verified email will have a colored dot beside it. As mentioned before, the green, yellow, and red dots stand for valid, unverifiable, and invalid email addresses, respectively.
Launching Drip Campaigns
Email drip campaigns can help you land new clients and build relationships with prospective customers, by sending them a sequence of pre-written cold emails. Drip campaigns are an essential part of the best and most effective cold outreach strategies.
These emails are meant to establish communication with your prospects, introduce them to your products or services, and (ideally) get them to book a consultation or discovery call with you.
There are many email automation tools currently available, that can help you launch a drip campaign for cold outreach and client acquisition.
The primary advantage of Snov.io is that it offers an all-in-one solution for your cold outreach automation needs. It provides you with a single platform to find prospect emails, build email lists, verify and validate those lists, and launch drip campaigns – all in one simple and streamlined process. Hence, it makes the entire process of cold outreach much faster, easier, and more efficient.
Listed below are the steps to launch an effective email drip campaign with Snov.io.
- Sign in to Snov.io and click on the ‘Email Drip Campaigns’ tab, near the top of the website.
- Choose a template for your drip campaign. If you are cold emailing a list of prospects you scraped from the internet, then you should ideally choose one of the many cold emailing templates that Snov.io offers.
- Once you have chosen your template, click on the button that says ‘Create Drip Campaign by Steps’. Alternatively, you can simply choose a prospect list and click the ‘Launch drip campaign’ button near the top of the list.
- You will now be taken to the campaign page. You will have to choose a name for your drip campaign, and select the email account through which the campaign will be operated.
- If one of the prospects has more than one email address, then Snov.io will either direct your emails to the first (and latest) email address, or to all of them. Ideally, you should only send emails to the first email account, since the other ones might be old and abandoned.
- Check the box to prevent emails from being sent to unverified email addresses, to prevent your cold emails from bouncing or being caught by spam traps.
- Check the ‘Enable Link Tracking’ box.
- In the main field, start creating the drip campaign sequence. Using the first element, choose the prospect list to which you want to send your drip campaign.
- In the next element of the sequence, you will be asked to set the email content. Choose the subject line for your cold email and write the email text in the appropriate field.
- Snov.io allows you to format the email text, add emojis, upload files, and do many other things to better personalize your cold emails.
- Next, you will have to add a trigger and specify your trigger conditions. A trigger will help you segment your prospect list and send more personalized follow-up emails, depending on the actions that a recipient takes, upon receiving the first cold email.
- Your trigger conditions can be ‘when a recipient opens the email’ or ‘when they click on a link in the email’ or ‘when they book a meeting’.
- You can then choose how long you would like to wait for the trigger to be activated. The waiting time can be anything from a few hours to a few days, although you should ideally give the prospect a couple of days to catch up with the pending emails in their inbox.
- Now, you can go ahead and enter in your goal for the drip campaign. Depending on the needs of your business, the goal can be to book a meeting with the prospect, to send them an eBook or other e-product, etc.
- If the goal is reached, that concludes the email drip campaign for that particular prospect.
- If, on the other hand, a prospect does not reach the goal, then you can enter in a delay trigger and send them a follow-up email, after a set period of time.
- You can repeat this process as many times as you want, to try and get your prospects to reach the intended goal of the drip campaign.
- However, you should be careful not to send an unresponsive prospect more than 4-5 cold emails, since that could annoy them into marking your emails as spam.
- Next, you need to create a schedule for your drip campaign. For instance, you can choose to send out cold emails every weekday for a whole week, from 9 AM to 6 PM. Save the schedule.
- Finally, you will be asked to review the campaign. If everything looks good to go, simply click on the ‘Start’ button. Your drip campaign is now all set to begin.
Mentioned above are some of the main functions and features of Snov.io, but it is by no means an exhaustive list. The platform can also be used for email tracking, data and contact management, campaign analysis, and much more.
The free version of Snov.io will allow you to try out some of its features, and determine their usefulness for your business.
If it seems like something that might help grow your business, you can choose one of the paid plans, in accordance with your needs. The paid plans start from $33 per month, and can go up to $700 and more.